Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer DIY- Frame for Gospel verse

The summer is a great time to search teaching blogs and Pinterest for great ideas. I finally decided to create on of the things that I found on 4th Grade Frolics. This blogger came up with the fabulous idea of Made It Monday. I love anything with a catchy title! Every Monday she is making something for her classroom.  She made these cute signs to display learning goals for the week. All you need is a simple frame, some scrapbook paper, and dry erase markers. Amazingly I had all of these things already. Instead of posting weekly learning goals, I am going to pick a verse from the Sunday gospel reading. Then, just to add a little more learning, I am going to coordinate the scrapbook paper to the color of the current liturgical season! (You can see by my exclamation point that it's the little things that are exciting.) When school starts I am going to hang this frame right by the door so as the students are coming and going throughout the week, they will have a chance to read and think about the verse. Then on Friday when we begin our reflection we will start by discussing the verse from the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment